Friday, October 02, 2009

Camp Stories: LaPine State Park


I know, I know, it's a little late for camping but, heck, if you've got a trailer like my brother's (below left), the season gets extended just a little bit, right? Plus we all need to make plans for next camping season, and I guarantee that if I don't write it down now, it'll definitely get lost in the shuffle by the time summer rolls around again.

Campsite #121 is one of the sweet spots in LaPine State Park with the sound of the Deschutes River (top photo) flowing by at the back of the site. Always cold and refreshing, it's perfect for chilling a few beers or stashing a bottle of wine. And if you feel like hiking some of the trails in the area (I hear the hike to the viewpoint above Paulina Lake is especially rewarding), it's a great place to soak tired feet while you pop one of the aforementioned beers.

Read other reviews in the series: Trout Creek Campground, Paradise Creek Campground and Shadow Bay at Waldo Lake.

Photo courtesy BB at WineGuyWorld.

No comments: