Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Pause that Refreshes

Call me a mouthpiece, call me a flak, call me a not-so-innocent bystander. I just happen to love Luan and Tim of Foster & Dobbs. Well, them and their cheeses. Oh, and their Ayers Creek Farm jam and their Fra' Mani salametto and...OK...you get the picture. So needless to say I was thrilled to the bottom of my little heart when I heard that they're going to be opening for a happy hour in the evenings that they're calling the Pause. No, ladies, not "the 'pause" like "the change," but it's something that could make that cranky mood smooth out.

So if you need a place to stop on the way home and take a moment before the onslaught of the family or need a place to meet someone before going out for the evening, you can take a table outside or, if they've got their wall-o-windows open, at a table in the shop and order a glass of wine paired with a featured treat. Welcome to summer!

Details: The Pause at Foster & Dobbs. 4-8 pm, Mon.-Sat.; 4-6 pm, Sun; $7-$9.50 includes wine and nibbles. Foster & Dobbs, 2518 NE 15th Ave. on the corner of 15th and Brazee. Phone 503-284-1157.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

C and I can not wait to check this out!! One more reason to drink wine and eat cheese? Yes please.

Kathleen Bauer said...

And it's a lovely walk on a balmy summer evening! What's not to like?

Anonymous said...

Ana and I will reserve a "pause" for our August trip to Portland! Sounds great!

Kathleen Bauer said...

And I, for one, can't wait for you to get here! Are you going to be giving a class, too?