Friday, March 09, 2007

The Market is Coming! The Market is Coming!

I got an e-mail from my friend Kathryn asking if the opening of the Portland Farmers Market was blogalicious. Are you kidding? This is the kind of news I live for at this soggy time of year! Thanks, Kathryn!

April 7 is the day, and it looks like they've got a full roster of events planned for the month centered around the garden. From experience I can tell you that you can get all the starts you need from their vendors (unless you're my neighbor Jerry, who got his seeds started two weeks ago) for very reasonable prices, and their hanging plants and containers are to die for. I've got the schedule of presentations listed on the calendar on the right, and I'll be adding those for other markets as they open, too.

And don't forget that in addition to garden stuff the market will have all their usual bakers, paté makers and jam, honey, you-name-it vendors out there, too. I can't wait! Oboy!

Details: Portland Farmers Market. 8:30 am-2 pm. South Park Blocks behind PSU (between SW Montgomery & Harrison). 503-241-0032.

No comments: