Friday, March 01, 2013

Edible Geometry



Say that one day, someone bursts into the room and says, "You have to watch this!" and introduces you to the amazing geometric world of Vi Hart. You start with the one where she introduces the concept of the Hexaflexagon, and pretty soon it's two hours later and you've just spent most of the afternoon that was scheduled for working on a project that's due at the end of the day.

I mean, we've all been sucked into the black hole that is YouTube and its endless loops of cute cats, ever-young rockers and crazy cartoons, but Vi and her quick, clipped and just-so-smart videos, like Lay's potato chips, are too appealing to stop at just one.

So I'm passing this on to you in the hopes that you'll understand my situation and maybe call my client and please beg them to understand why this project might be just a teensy bit late. I've got another video cued up…I just discovered her Mathematical Food videos.

No comments: