Thursday, June 23, 2011

Puppy Love


One of the joys of having two dogs, at least for me, is that I have my hands full and don't suffer from puppy lust when I visit my friend Kim from Coedwig Cardigans. The other is that her dogs are so spectacular that she has a waiting list a yard long for her puppies and I couldn't have one if I wanted one.

So lucky me! That's not to say there's no temptation to tuck one of these little guys in my pocket and casually sidle over to the car, especially when he's as cute as Wave, above. So far I've managed to make out of there alone. But believe me, if that changes you'll be the first to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We moved from Idaho to NC four years ago and love it - but oh, how I miss the NW! We love your Cannon Beach and miss our annual July 4th celebrations. We have one dog, but how could you not be tempted by those pups! Love your blog, reminds me of home!!

Kathleen Bauer said...

You gotta come for a visit, Michele! And thanks for reading…

Dana said...

That's not fair. Please remind me that I don't want a puppy or dog.

Kathleen Bauer said...

OK, Dana, here you go:

Puppies: think house-training, i.e. letting them out to pee every two hours round the clock and, in addition, taking them on walks at least three times a day; feeding three times a day; they'll chew on whatever they get hold of and you can't punish them for it, at least when they're little; you can't leave for any amount of time without making sure they're taken care of or accepting the inevitable consequences as your fault, not theirs. Oh, and never, ever think a child can do all of this, because they can't. You'll have to do at least some of it.

Is that enough?