Thursday, October 25, 2007

More News, Cheesy and Otherwise

By coincidence, another article has come out this week, this time one I wrote for Culinate.com titled Wrap Party: Buying and Storing Cheese. It was written after our trip to Vermont where I met some amazing artisan cheese producers like Peter Dixon of Consider Bardwell and Michael Lee (left) of Twig.

As producers of high-quality cheeses, these guys had definite opinions on how cheese should be cared for after it's purchased. After all, they spend months making it and then we spend anywhere from $10 to $20 a pound to buy it, so it should be at its peak of flavor and texture when we eat it. Also look for Tami Parr's excellent primer, Choosy about Cheese, on the same site.

In other news, on Monday I heard from Deborah Kane at Edible Portland magazine that I've been chosen out of a slew of qualified candidates to write the Edible Notes column starting with their Winter 2008 issue. The column is similar to a blog in that it's a roundup of short items about seasonal products, places or opportunities that don't warrant a full-blown article.

The reason I'm telling you this, other than I'm busting my buttons with pride? I'd love to have your input if you hear of something that might make a tasty tidbit for the column. The winter column is done, so I'll be looking for items for spring. If you're in line at the supermarket and overhear a great quote or if someone mentions a groovy thing they've just discovered, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! It won't be long until you're a featured guest "The Splendid Table"!

Wouldn't THAT be cool?

Congratulations on the splendid progress of your new career.

Kathleen Bauer said...

Once again, you're so sweet! What would I do without you?