Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Cookin' with Culinate!

This blogging thing is pretty darn cool, and the ripples that flow out from the pebble-drop of a blog entry can lead to fun and unpredictable connections with other people. Take, for instance, the article I did awhile ago on something I'd read on a new online food magazine called Culinate. The publisher apparently saw it, we exchanged a couple of e-mails, and it led me to pitch some ideas to their editor, Kim Carlson.

Since they were going to be featuring an issue on grilling, I started raving about how easy and fun it was to do paella on the grill, what a wonderful dish it is for a party, etc. So, with her go-ahead, I wrote the article, we did a photo shoot and it's publishing on their site today! Check it out and let them know what you think by clicking the Comments link below the article. Make it a GoodStuffNW blitz!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome!! Good for you. Paella is one of my favorite things and yours looks yummilicious.

Kathleen Bauer said...

Summer's just getting started, so there's plenty of opportunity to make more. Gotta break in that new 'cue!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOOOO!

congrats!

~m

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are the famousness now. Now to monetize this and let the money roll in...

-R

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, this is wonderful; I'm sure it is the first of many articles you will publish. The article is yummy. Have you sent anything to Sunset? I think your writing/ideas would give them a boost. Congratulations!
- Other K

Anonymous said...

Your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks and congrats! The picture is great too!! Thanks, K

Anonymous said...

Oh kathleen – that was very good. Read the entire thing. Wanted to cook it for the family. L is a vegetarian (for about 9 months) and i thought that you were going to give me a new vegetarian dish. This does sound good though. I have forwarded it to D so he can admire your wonderful writing and your success! Good Job. We are proud of you and excited! -n

Anonymous said...

Big congrats! Good stuff ... =)
kd

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!

I do love your writing, and reading the article made my mouth water. That little fact is significant, as its before 8am, and I am not hungry before 8am!

Way to go girlfriend! Now that you are famous, will you still talk to me?

-K

Anonymous said...

Great article!

- J

Anonymous said...

Most excellent, dude! Great article about something I have been contemplating but have not yet done. This is one of my summer projects and now I won't even have to experiment! You have laid it all out beautifully.
Did you notice that Robert Reynolds rolled shortcake is on this site as well? Isn't that serendipitous?
- M

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What fun.

- S

Kathleen Bauer said...

Thanks, everyone, for your support and encouragement! What a lucky gal I am!

And you can make a great veggie paella...think spring greens like asparagus, sugar snap peas, spring onions and combine them with sweet roasted red peppers, green olives...it could be great!

Anonymous said...

Good story. Very exciting! Congratulations! I think you and your blog are on a roll.
- L

Deb said...

Great article! I learned a few new things about the dish.

Kathleen Bauer said...

And that's what it's all about, isn't it? Well, that and the eating part...

Thanks!