Saturday, February 17, 2007

Groovy Pad

My pal Laurie came over the other day and pulled out a little yellow notebook that got me all excited. Not only does the yellow-orange color remind me of Veuve Clicquot champagne, but they're made in France and have very cool blocky letters in black on the front. Cooler still, those yellow covers are made of sturdy cardboard that open up to reveal white graph paper pages with pale lavender grids that bring back childhood memories of the grid paper tablets I used (and loved) in school.

If you google the Rhodia paper company, you'll find that it was begun in 1932 in Lyons, France, by two brothers named Henri and Robert Verilhac. Legend has it that the two trees in the logo represent the two brothers. Originally they concentrated on producing stationery and exercise books, eventually coming up with the notebook, which has become the premier product of the Clairefontaine Rhodia company.

You can find them online at myriad places, but our very own Paper Zone on SE Grand has several sizes available if you want to check them out. I can't wait to use one at my next meeting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

office on alberta carries various sizes of these as well!

Kathleen Bauer said...

Thanks, Jason! I'm getting totally addicted to them...and Alberta is so much closer for me!