Sunday, November 21, 2010

In Season NW: Winter Wonderland


With temperatures hovering in the mid-30s and the threat of snow in the forecast, Portlanders were out in force this last weekend stocking up for the rapidly approaching Thanksgiving holiday. The bounty of squash, peppers, greens, meats and cheeses didn't disappoint, and the overflowing tables promise many good shopping opportunities at the several markets that will stay open through the winter months, including those at Lloyd, Hillsdale, People's and Oregon City. Montavilla will hold a monthly "stock up" market once a month through February; check their website for dates and times. If you know of others, please add them in the comments section below. For addresses, websites, maps and links, check the GoodStuffNW Oregon Farmers' Markets page.

4 comments:

Kathryn Yeomans said...

Montavilla Farmers Market will be hosting "Winter Stock-Up" Markets -
http://www.montavillamarket.org/
The second Sunday of the month - Dec.12, Jan.9, Feb.13, from 11am-1pm

Kathleen Bauer said...

Thanks! I'll include it in the list for those who may not read the comments.

Unknown said...

It was great to finally meet you in person at Hillsdale this morning Kathleen!(not sure why I thought your name was Kathryn, sorry). I think between the downtown market yesterday and Hillsdale today I may have gotten just a wee bit carried away with my purchases, but I am sure it will be a fun challenge to use it all

Kathleen Bauer said...

No problem, Ali…I was so cold at that point I didn't even hear it. And I know what you mean about getting carried away. Let me know what you decide to do with it!