Monday, April 12, 2010

Tweet Hearts


Again, I am forced to confess a personal failing: I am addicted to Twitter, the 140-character microblogging service. I don't check it constantly because I don't have to. I'm on it all the time.

To make matters worse, they added a feature that notifies you of the number of tweets you haven't read and that you must download immediately. There's also a feature that allows you to, essentially, e-mail your friends privately as long as the message isn't more than those same 140 characters. I tell you, it's insidious.

Ali and Evan, known as @LilRedBikeCafe on Twitter, aren't helping the situation, either. Portland's so-much-in-love-they-had-to-start-a-restaurant couple is now releasing their secret café recipes on Twitter. Or at least the one for their pulled pork. Complete with secret ingredients, no less!

As tweeted, here it is:
  • Secrets to our pulled pork revealed! Start with nice, healthy pork butt. Make rub w/ pepper, paprika, mustard, coffee, ginger, sugar, salt.
  • Rub, cover, let sit in fridge overnight. Remove next day, allow to rest @ room temp. 2 hours, place in crockpot. http://twitpic.com/1f7cca
  • Top roast w/ garlic and sliced onions. http://twitpic.com/1f7ctu
  • Here's the secret! Pour in one bottle of ginger beer. Cover, set crockpot on low 12 hours and cook. http://twitpic.com/1f7d9h
  • After 12 hours, remove remaining fat, shred, return to pot along w/bottle of BBQ sauce and cook 4 more hours. Place on buns w/slaw & enjoy
See what I mean? I'm cursed, I tell you, to a life told in 140 characters. Egad.

No comments: