Friday, April 16, 2010

Half Hour Breakfast


It was a deer-in-the-headlights moment, though my life didn't flash before my eyes. That came later.

Paul Gerald, author of, among other tomes, the vastly popular Breakfast in Bridgetown, a book about…well…great places to have breakfast in PDX, asked if he could interview me about sussing out the best places to have breakfast at the farmers' markets. I walked in to his recording studio and, on seeing the mikes and the engineer looking expectantly in my direction, had the aforementioned get-me-the-heck-out-of-here, no-fight-just-flight, maybe-I'll-get-lucky-and-die-right-now thoughts exploding in my head.

I'm assuming Paul has had this experience with other first-timers, since before I could turn and run he was gently easing me into my chair and playing the intro music. So if you have a few minutes to listen, it's not a bad half hour Breakfast.

Play Breakfast in Bridgetown: An Interview with Kathleen Bauer of GoodStuffNW.

2 comments:

Norma Cravens said...

I hear no fear! You were great. I think you need your own radio show. Definitely.

Kathleen Bauer said...

Oh, you're so sweet…I'm blushing!