Monday, April 07, 2008

Unsticking the Stuck

I get stopped in my tracks by the silliest things. It happened with our kitchen when I wanted to paint the walls. But there was a soffit with a broken fan in it that needed to be removed or fixed. And should we match the wall color to the original tile that was broken in a couple of spots and was probably not going to be replaceable? And on and on.

Eventually we just ripped the whole thing out and started over, expensive but worth every penny. And now it's the front garden that's got me stymied. Long story short, it faces east and one side is shady, one side is sunny, yet it should be somewhat symmetrical, right?

So then something happened that makes it seem like someone up there has been watching me walking up and down in front of my house, hands on my hips and a big question mark above my head. I get the latest newsletter from Portland Nursery informing me that their Division store has landscape designers on staff who will help you with your garden design issues. Hallelujah!

All you have to do is fill out their questionnaire, call the store to set up a meeting and they'll set up a customized planting plan and plant list. It's not free, but their very reasonable fees are based on the size of the garden site and are applied directly toward the purchase of plants at the nursery. Bonus!

But first I have to fill out the questionnaire and take a few pictures. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Details: Portland Nursery Division, 9000 SE Division. Phone 503-788-9000. Download the Landscape Questionnaire here.

No comments: