Monday, June 15, 2015

The Garden Reborn


We took a vacation from gardening last year, with the excuse that we were letting the beds "go fallow." It might well have experienced another fallow year, but I felt I needed to at least plant a few carrots for my 5-year-old nephew to pull out of the ground. So when I took him to buy seeds at my neighborhood garden store there were all those pretty packages of lettuces and greens, and some chervil starts and, oh yeah, I meant to plant some chives, too. Then Dave started pining for some tomatoes…

A very happy Sungold cherry tomato plant.

Long story short, we're back in business. The two raised beds are full, the tarragon hedge came back with a vengeance and the tomatoes are going gangbusters with the hot sunny days of the last couple of weeks. Now what to plant when those greens start to bolt in the heat? Hmmmm…

No comments: