Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oregon Dukkah

I know, I know, you're all tired of hearing me blather on and on about Foster and Dobbs but, sheesh, they're just blocks from my house and make a convenient place for Rosey and I to stop on our walks. Plus we love to chat with Luan and see what new stuff she's excited about. And then I get to tell all of you about it, so I guess you'll just have to sit back and, as my son says, "chillax."

A new product they're carrying is called Oregon Dukkah (pron. doo' kah), developed right here in Portland by chef Donna Dockins. It's based on an ancient Egyptian recipe that combines nuts, sesame seeds and spices into a magical mixture that's great as an appetizer with bread dipped in olive oil and then in the dukkah, or by taking a roll of chevre and coating it with the dukkah and serving it spread on crackers. Luan likes it sprinkled on salads, and there's a clever little recipe book that comes in each package that has ideas for all five of their current products (coconut, smoky hot, sweet, traditional and zesty).

I've tried the Traditional and the Zesty, and I'm looking forward to trying the others. The website has a list of stores that currently carry their products, so it's a good bet you can find it at a store near you.

No comments: