Monday, October 16, 2006

Great Kinko's

And no, I'm not being sarcastic!

I had occasion to go to a Kinko's this last week to make copies of a 40-plus page document. Now, normally I dread having to go to any copy shop because they're usually confusing, not very clean and staffed by shuffling drones who look at you like you're a drooling idiot if you have questions about their machines.

So I was very pleased and impressed when I stopped by the Kinko's on NW 23rd and Lovejoy and a nice young fellow came up and helped me through the process, even to the point of going to get their larger stapler to saddle-stitch the (successfully copied) 11" by 17" pages.

The manager, Jonathan Ficklin, is a long-time employee who started out in a Kinko's computer graphics department and has obviously whipped this store into a customer-friendly retail outlet where the employees smile and at least pretend to be having a good time. Go in if you have the opportunity and say hi from GoodStuff!

Details: Kinko's, 950 NW 23rd Ave.; Phone 503-222-4133.

No comments: