Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've Been to the Mother Ship...

And I return with a message of bounty. My friend Kathryn and I ventured out to deep Beaverton to explore what's being termed the flagship store of the New Seasons group and, man, is it BIG! It looks like they've modeled it after Whole Foods, with its neat stacks of fruits and vegetables, the helpful attendant at the cheese counter, the separate (and beautiful) displays of meats and fish. It's definitely a shift away from the more neighborhood-y and intimate feeling you get at the Concordia or Seven Corners stores. That said, all the employees at this mega-store are the same smiling, helpful folks you see at their other stores, which makes the shopping experience a pleasure.

I don't know about you, but I've thought that if we ever moved out of the area, New Seasons would be one of the places I'd miss the most. And I've heard from friends who have moved away that, even in affluent communities, there is no other store that fills the same spot in their hearts and stomachs. Hats off, guys, and keep up the good work!

No comments: