Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Home Is Where the Food Is



A charming short film by animator Jody Kramer of Vancouver, BC, for the 100 Mile Diet Society of Vancouver.

"The film follows every ingredient of a delicious and simple meal to its source. In the making of this film, I visited a dairy farm, a mill/bakery and a busy marina, all on Vancouver Island, and all within my 100-mile radius. I also spent time in the kitchen with Tina Biello, a busy working gal who makes time for her food, from growing her own veggies to learning about the production of local food for her favourite family recipes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful, and so typical of Vancouver. When I was there, I ate at Rain City Grill, which is apparently a 100-mile-diet restaurant, and it was amazing. In fact, I think I may have eaten those prawns! Yum!

I also particularly love the drawing of cans of tuna sprouting on the grocery shelves. hee hee!

Kathleen Bauer said...

I love that city, too. Need to plan a trip up soon!