Monday, May 18, 2009

Lovin' That Man o' Mine


My husband loves his beer, and I love my man. So when I heard via John Foyston's blog, The Beer Here, that the boys at HUB had started bottling their first brews last week, I knew a mission was in order.

On Friday when I pulled up to the loading dock in the old Volvo and unloaded the corny keg to have it filled with some of Christian's finest ($58 for five gallons and well worth it), I ran upstairs to the restaurant and snatched two 18-oz. bottles each of the first bottling ever. Which meant that when Dave got home and opened the fridge, he saw a lineup (top photo) of Hopwork's finest: Crosstown Pale Ale, IPA, DOA and 7-Grain Survival Stout.

It was the least I could do for that hard-workin' man o' mine.

4 comments:

Alan Cordle said...

May I forward this post as a gentle nudge to TOK?

Kathleen Bauer said...

Hint away, my friend! Hope it works...the beer's excellent.

Clare Carver said...

man you are a good wife I never do anything this nice for mu husband!! I better take a page from your play book : )

Kathleen Bauer said...

You should have seen him killing himself with the rototiller in the garden...poor guy. He's worth it!